- Freedom of Information Act Handbook
- Department of Defense FOIA Guidance
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.07
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.7R
- Defense Freedom of Information Policy Office
- Office of the Secretary of Defense and Joint Staff
- United States Department of Justice
Materials Required Under 5 U.S.C. § 552
5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(A)
Records - Final opinions and orders made in the adjudication of cases that may be cited, used, or relied upon as precedents in future adjudications.
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(B)
Records - Statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by the agency and are not published in the Federal Register.
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(C)
Records - Administrative staff manuals and instructions, or portions thereof, that establish DoD policy or interpretations of policy that affect the public.
5 U.S.C. § 552 (a)(2)(D)
Records - Records released to the public, under the FOIA, that are or will likely become the subject of subsequent requests.